Monday, April 18, 2005

Life, the Universe, and Everything

So I have been pondering my future, and I have no idea what to do. I am currently pursuing my PhD in Social Studies Education and teaching history to tenth graders at a rural school with few resources. Next fall, I will be teaching college juniors the History of Education in America, my first college class that is not simply dual enrollment, and I am eager to get started! However, I also have two other possibilities. One is that I go to PK Yonge, UF's lab school, to teach probably economics and government. My tuition would be taken care of, but I really didn't like the environment when I interned there, and I have some issues with some people there. And yet...I would certainly be able to continue my own education and college teaching with no hassles. My second opportunity is to teach pre-AP in an International Baccalaureate program, a desire I have had since I started teaching, but it may cause problems with my own college classes and teaching due to the schedule.
Ultimately, I can remain at the school am I at now, which I know wants me and respects me and also will allow me to take a paid sabbatical after 7 years of employment (next year would be 4). They also could work around my UF schedule, I think. But...there are so few resources, and they refuse to consider Advanced Placement...and the 40 mile drive one way...
Damn. I have about 4 days to make a decision.
< Blogarama
Blogarama