Friday, August 12, 2005

The 19th Amendment: Pointless?

Just thought I would share this lovely perception on the inherent flaws in the 19th Amendment. I was cruising the web, checking out some lovely Dominionist and Kinist sites when I found it. You should read the whole article from Vision Forum Ministries concerning the need to return to patriarchy. I think it is quite enlightening. I know that I was converted. Just don't tell my wife.

In regards to a woman’s right to vote; if husband and wife are truly “one flesh”and the husband is doing his duty to represent the family to the wider community, then what PRACTICAL benefit does allowing women to vote provide? If husband and wife agree on an issue, then one has simply doubled the number of votes; but the result is the same. Women’s voting only makes a difference when the husband and wife disagree; a wife, who does not trust the judgment of her husband, can nullify his vote. Thus, the immediate consequence is to enshrine the will of the individual OVER the good of the family thus creating divisions WITHIN the family.



You know, this country DID start going downhill when those women got the right to vote. Now excuse me. It's my turn to do the dishes and laundry. (Crossposted by Bostondreamer at FloridaBlues)
< Blogarama
Blogarama